Wanderer in Shadowlands

All who wander are not lost - JRR Tolkien

Name:
Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States

Friday, February 24, 2006

Life, this side of crazy

Today I found myself in a very weird mood. I'm not entirely sure why. I think it had something to do with how my day started. About a half an hour into work a sales rep for one of our courier services came in. My boss suspected that they were giving us the run around and over charging us for their services. Since the guy is a salesman, he came in trying to butter us up, with doughnuts. I love doughnuts. However these pastry impostors were purchased at Walmart and instead of saying doughnuts on the box it said "Sugar Covered Yeast Rings." I don't know if you have ever had a yeast ring but they look like a doughnut. They, however, lack any of the sweetness normally associated with ring shaped pastries. The meager sugar covering did little to alleviate this. Yet still I consumed five of these yeast rings. I am sure they are the start of the weirdness.

This weirdness (some call it crazy) is not without its entertaining moments. For instance at lunch I found most of the soundtrack to The Prince and the Pauper (Mickey Mouse version) stuck in my head. I don't know how this happened since it has been at least eight years since I saw the movie last, but there it was, in my head, stuck. I have also been quoted today saying that crazy+theology = cult leader. This is how my whole day has gone.

2 Comments:

Blogger none said...

strange. mine has been holding the baby I nanny all day while trying to catch some z's while he is. but he is deciding to be a little co-dependant and would wake up whenever i tried to set him down. bah. baby's gotta learn.

7:27 PM  
Blogger raj said...

are you calling me a cult leader?

btw, the word verification is "yscwuz" which if you sound it out says, "yes he was". creepy.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home